Three MGJ Lawyers Recognized to Super Lawyers [...]
The Colorado Supreme Court announced today that it was abolishing the sudden emergency doctrine. The Court found that the doctrine's potential to mis [...]
Daniel Robert Coombe Named Shareholder [...]
Richard W. Pruett
Richard W. Pruett is an associate at Markusson, Green & Jarvis, P.C. He works with national coordinating counsel managing hundreds of nationwide asbestos and products liability cases. Additionally, he works to defend insurers and self-insureds in commercial litigation matters, products liability cases, warranty/contract disputes and personal injury cases.
- CASES OF INTEREST
- Complex construction defect case including fifteen parties and involving hundreds of homes.
- Breach of contract claim with $100M at issue for real estate development project in Sacramento, CA.
- Defended ADA claim on behalf of Colorado restaurant.
- Defended commercial defamation claims in New Jersey Federal Court with $1M at issue.
- Responded to Attorney General Inquiry relating to real estate title insurance structures.
- Successfully defended personal injury claim against a prominent sports bike retailer relating to sale of an ATV including receiving a dismissal for spoliation of evidence (the first Colorado case allowing for spoliation of evidence with no intent to destroy evidence).
- Multiple briefs with appellate courts including the reported cases below.
- REPORTED CASES
- City of Arvada v. Colorado Intergovernmental Risk Sharing Agency, 19 P.3d 10 (Colo. 2001).
- J.P. Meyer Trucking and Const., Inc. v. Colorado School Districts Self Ins. Pool, 18 P.3d 198 (Colo. 2001).
- Paris ex rel. v. Dance, 194 P.3d 404 (Colo. App. 2008).
- Anheuser Bush, Inc. v. Industrial Claim Appeals Office, 28 P.3d 969 (Colo. App. 2001).
- Public Service Co. of Colorado v. Industrial Claim Appeals Office, 40 P.3d 68 (Colo. App. 2001).
- University Park Care Center v. Industrial Claim Appeals Office, 43 P.3d 637 (Colo. App. 2001).
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
B.A., English/Philosophy, 1994
University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Admitted in the State of Colorado, 1999
Admitted in U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Admitted in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
American Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association